When a person’s soul is extinguished, for a brief flickering moment it passes The Void—a grey limbo, breathed back to life by scarce droplets of Color scattered across it. Ravenous, monstrous Brothers beckon the soul to preserve every bit of it; enticing, sly Sisters beg to be fed. The whole Void, inhabited also by a multitude of weird and sometimes scary creatures, changes with every droplet of Color used, making every action you take have repercussions across the whole world.
But perhaps there is another way to use the Color. The way to break out of the never-ending cycle of the Void. Nourishing Color in gardens and fighting the Void’s creatures, unlocking the Sisters’ hearts and taking on their Brothers, the player gets the chance to find it… and achieve ultimate transcendence.
- Explore the Void. Broken into 29 separate chambers, the place you have fallen into is full of secrets, twists, and turns.
- Nourish, hunt, mine. Each type of environment offers its own features: grow Color in some, hunt for it or mine it in others, unlocking new chambers through the Sisters.
- Draw your soul. All important actions in the game are executed through drawing on the screen, the effect depending both on the sigil drawn and the color used.
- Get to know the Sisters. Each of them representing a combination of two Colors, each of them alluring and greedy, the Sisters are willing to spill their hearts out—if you fill them with Color first.
- Obey… or disobey. Seeing you as one of their own, the grotesque Brothers are willing to share their wisdom—as long as you obey. And if you don’t, be prepared for hard fights with intimidating gigantic foes.
- Gaze long into the Void and feel it gaze into you. The only resource in the game, Color changes both you and the world around you with every droplet used. Accumulating Red inside your heart can make you strong, but it also makes predators more aggressive; find the perfect balance or just watch the world react to every choice of yours.
- Listen to the Voice of Color and find your true purpose.