“Awake! Your next cycle is close. Fulfill your purpose, do as you are told!”
As MazeBot, your only purpose is to test other inventions of destruction, as long as you are needed or you survive. Various war machines are tested every day to maximize their effectiveness. Your survival is not intended.
How to Play
Press “E” to start the game. use “W” “A” “S” “D” to control the bot’s movement. Press “E” or “Q” to select whether you want to FIGHT or RUN from an enemy.
What MazeBot is about
MazeBot was originally created to participate in a #1GAM challenge but was later extended to go beyond a simple prototype. As the challenge’s topic was “CGA Graphics” the game features retro visuals based upon video game graphics of the early to mid 1980s using a 4-color-only palette and a total resolution of 320×200 pixels.
MazeBot is a action-focused speedrun game with vintage CGA graphics. Find your way through maze-like levels, fight enemies and elude traps.
- In the spirit of DOS-Games MazeBot can be played with keyboard only. For convenience and rumble you can also play with a controller
- Pick-up the keycard and find the exit in each level
- Avoid enemies or defend against them in quick-time events, but be careful, your REBOOTS are limited
- MazeBot is a highscore based game, try to finish all levels in the fastest time possible!
- With every level the story unravels.