Golden8bits is a minimalistic game and Fantasy console. Still in development and dont have any final release date yet.
The game is fully playable, you play as a magic apprentice. Jump and fight pixel monster as you run for all the platform.
This game still dont have any sound or music.
The game it self is just a example of wath you can create with this fantasy console.
All the features right now implemented are:
- Create 8x8 pixel tiles.
- Create 8x8 pixel items like weapons, shields, potions, coins, key, doors.
- Create characters like player, npc and enemies.
- Use the canvas editor to animate all your characters frame by frame.
- Integrate all the element in a level editor.
- Create and edit levels.
- Create and edit dialogues for your npc.
Features that still missing
- The sound editor and music editor.
- Buttons descriptions on the editor.
- Balance of shield and weapons effect.
- A nice transition between levels.
- All game over modes.
- Tiles with stairs behavior.
- Tiles with bounce behavior.
- Extra layer on level editor for background drawning.
- Tiles that cause damage.
- More palette colors.
The software run just in windowed mode.