Set on the wide open ocean, Seasteader is a city building and management strategy game that allows you to develop and rule over your own seastead, a floating community.
Your aim is to create a prosperous and thriving society, using your production and manufacturing capabilities to create goods and sell them on the global market. The profits can then be invested back into improving the lives of your seasteaders or increasing your industrial capacity.
The most important resource, however, is not a product, but your seasteaders themselves. As well as paying them wages and taking (or not taking) money from them for rent and food, you also need to ensure their happiness, as measured by 8 separate metrics. Each individual also has unique skills that make them better suited to some jobs over others.
In the end, the degree to which you wish to micromanage the game or let it run its own course is entirely up to you. There are no right or wrong ways of playing.
- Campaign featuring 15 missions of increasing difficulty
- System for crafting your own unique custom missions
- Sandbox mode where you can build to your heart's content
- An economic system with 17 goods to produce, buy and sell
- 30 buildings in five different categories - production, manufacturing, housing, entertainment and infrastructure
- 8 different happiness metrics for your seasteaders
- Extensive modding support - almost everything is stored in easily editable txt files