Fans of East India Company will get the chance to experience the darker side of naval trading and combat with the upcoming expansion, East India Company: Privateer. Players will get to take on the role of a ruthless seafaring privateer, motivated solely by a thirst for fortune and holding allegiance only to those who will pay for their services.
Players will operate their own fleets, commanded by merchant or privateer captains, with the goal of accumulating as much wealth as possible and by any means necessary. Though it offers a limited time frame, Privateer is more mission-oriented than the original game, as players free of allegiances can embark upon such missions as smuggling, blockading ports, and hunting down ships bearing diplomatic envoys.
- Two Privateer campaigns set in different time periods.
- Two new multiplayer modes: Breakthrough and Beehive.
- New goal-oriented gameplay with several new mission types: locate and either sink or capture enemy ships, blockade enemy ports, or escort friendly fleets.
- New commander skills to fit the life of a privateer, such as “False Colors,” which allows the player to get close enough to ambush the victim, and “Critical Hit,” which gives the player a chance to hit an enemy ship’s magazine, causing the vessel to explode.
- New specialists, such as the surgeon, cook, constable, and marine officer, who can be used to boost the abilities of your fleets.