Learn Power Chords, Riffs and Rock Techniques for Rhythm and Lead Guitar
Charles McCrone, graduate of the Guitar Institute of Technology (famous training ground for rock guitarists), delivers over 100 lessons giving a complete overview of rock technique and gear. Learn rock basics like power chords and riffs, plus some lead necessities like the blues scale and string bends. You’ll also learn about distortion, chorus, and other popular guitar effects pedals. The Animated Fretboard shows a real-time display of guitar riffs, string bends, and guitar tricks which are hard to see in simpler, video-only guitar lessons. eMedia Instant Feedback technology highlights correctly played notes, which makes learning faster and easier. Classic guitar songs by artists like The Kinks, Green Day, Blue Öyster Cult, Nirvana, and others make guitar practice fun as you master rock, punk, and metal guitar styles.
- More than 50 videos with split-screen view and close-ups of both hands, lets you easily see the techniques used in the lessons.
- Rhythm guitar lessons with open chords, power chords (both open and moveable), palm muting, and other techniques.
- Instant Feedback that highlights notes in songs and riffs as they are played correctly (requires computer microphone).
- Lead guitar techniques such as string bends, vibrato, and hammer-ons, plus major, minor, and blues scales.
- eMedia’s Animated Fretboard to easily see guitar fingerings for chords, guitar riffs, and guitar scales.
- Integrated guitar software tools, including an automatic guitar tuner, chord chart/dictionary, fingering charts, and metronome.
- Over 40 Jam Tracks with slow and fast versions and a backing band to make learning fun. Learn the blues scale, and then practice guitar riffs or lead guitar with a band!
- Hit guitar songs like "Paranoid" (Black Sabbath), "You Really Got Me" (Van Halen/ The Kinks), "Lake of Fire" (Nirvana), "Don’t Fear the Reaper" (Blue Öyster Cult), "Tomorrow" (Silverchair), "All Right Now" (Free), and more!
- Guitar lessons and songs as both audio and MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed down, or sped up.