TownCraft is a chill-out crafting and city-building game in which you'll build a humble medieval town from the very first stone.
You are alone in the wilderness, and must build a new town, complete with workers and inhabitants, to be the celebration of all the kingdoms!
To the West lies King Oligarchy, a narcissist primarily absorbed by his own reflection. To the East: Queen Omnibus, busy 'taming' neighbouring kingdoms with the tip of her blade.
In between is you.
You begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet, but before long your town will be teeming and with travellers from all across the land. They'll buy your wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food and drink at your tavern, they'll come looking to trade with you, or work for you. Fish, farm, forage, hire, fire, and explore the bizarre and kitschy world of TownCraft.
Stuff you'll do in TownCraft:
- Play a new world every time thanks to procedurally generated maps.
- Hundreds of different objects to create and mix.
- Build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills as you create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
- Order around your muck-ridden peasants as they manage your gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
- Real-time day and night cycle – watch as your workers wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night and then get some shut-eye again.
- Explore each new world to unearth a variety resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
- Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.
TownCraft is the first game from Flat Earth Games, created by two brothers from Sydney, Australia and their team of intrepid developers.